Even using a project methodology like Prince 2 or AGILE project management is no guarantee that your project will come in on time, to cost or deliver the business benefits you need. Most of the problems arise from a few simple mistakes. Using an effective methodology is important to the successful completion of a project, but the approach used by the project manager towards the people is also vitally important.
This workshop covers not just the key elements of a great project management strategy, but looks more closely at the people side of project management and your critical thinking skills necessary for an effective outcome. We will identify the main problem areas and give you some basic ideas and tools to help your next Project succeed. The workshop includes a practical scenario based exercise to help you practice and remember what you have learned.
- A refresher on core Project Management processes
- An opportunity to learn what works for other Project Managers
- An introduction to the 7 habits of an effective Project Manager
- A better understanding of the people side of project management
- How to apply critical thinking on a project
- Ozonegames critical thinking business game focussing on project management elements
This is part of our management 2020 training programme that can be delivered as:
- Internal training where we can tailor the workshop to your specific requirements
- External training shared between several different organisations where you can benefit from other organisations experience.